Scale widget step problems

I think this is a quick question:

Is the Scale widget suppose to obey the "step" adjustment parameter while
you are dragging the button?

For example if I specify a step of 8, I can drag the button to any value,
but I would like the value to stay in "step" invervals.

So far, the only way I can solve this is by catching the value when you
release the button, and then setting the value to it's nearest modulus of
8, but I think the scale widget should do this automatically.

Thanks

Dave Rector
*:^)