GtkText widget and right click menus

How can I get a right click menu into a GtkText widget?

I've tried using the same procedure with GtkCList and other widgets by
creating a menu and setting the widget's signal to recieve a
button_press_event and when the event is recieved I simple map the menu.

But with the GtkText widget it dosen't seem the work right, when I map the
menu the menu does not respond untill I release the button and for some
reason while I move the pointer about the text on the GtkText gets marked
under the pointer while the menu is not recieving any events.

I also tried gdk_pointer_ungrab() and gdk_pointer_grab() but it didn't
help.

--
Sincerely,                  ,"-_                         \|/
-Capt. Taura M.             ,   O=__                    --X--