Tooltips for GtkCList column buttons again

I once posted an (unanswered) question about why setting tooltips for the
column buttons of a GtkCTree didn't work.

I used gtk_clist_get_column_widget to get the widget and
gtk_tooltips_set_tip on the returned widget.

Reading the code I see that gtk_clist_get_column_widget returns

   return GTK_BUTTON (clist->column[column].button)->child;

which returns the ->child field of the button, not the button itself.
Why??? This will return a GTK_ALIGNMENT or a GTK_LABEL both of them are
widget without windows, which is why the gtk_tooltips_set will not work.

Nils

--
*New* *New* *New*    - on shellac records
   Windows HE        - see top 10 reasons to downgrade on