Building dynamic interfaces (notebook/menu)

I'm wondering here what the proper way to make a notebook show a set of
pages or not at run-time would be. I'm up to the point where I see two
alternatives:

a) Hiding and showing a tab/page by using some gtk function. Is there
such a function, and is there something similar for menus, for example?

b) Building the XML for libglade dynamically. Though this seems like a
kludge, it would be nice to separate the pages into different files and
be able to edit them separately, and I could just piece them together as
needed.

I get the feeling b is going to be a bad idea, but.. opinions?

I need to choose the interface at startup-time, and it would be nice to be
able to rechoose the tabs during runtime, but not essential. Anyone see a
better way to do this (or why any one of mine is plain stupid?)

Take care,
--
/\/\ Christian Reis, Senior Engineer, Async Open Source, Brazil
~\/~ http://async.com.br/~kiko/ | [+55 16] 274 4311