Re: widget not showed

G'Day !

Have not worked with GTK/databases myself, but have played with GtkSQL, as a
frontend to PostgreSQL , and it seems stable ....

Might want to look at it's source:

http://www.multimania.com/bbrox/GtkSQL/

cheers,
Jim Parker

Sailboat racing is not a matter of life and death ....  It is far more important
than that !!!

                    MC_Vai

                    <estoy ver megared net m        To:     gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

                    x>                              cc:

                    Sent by:                        Subject:     widget not showed

                    gtk-app-devel-list-admin

                    @gnome.org

                    11/30/00 07:30 PM

Hi I'm new in the list and my trouble is this:

I have 3 functions in a main.c file.
1.- The main()
2.- A convenience function.
3.- A callback fcn. for the convenince fcn.

Depending on the result of a PostgreSQL connection & the response, the
callback shows a window & dies or continue with the program (sort of a
password validation stuff).

But the window ("error, password not found") is never showed.  The weird
stuff is that if I change the line from the callback fcn. to one of the
others the widget is showed.

It's something I can't explain myself.  So any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
(See attached file: attkm72a.dat)