[gthumb-list] problem importing if camera not mounted

I was using gnome/cinnamon, and importing photos was straigthforward.

Now I switched to xfce4, and I have a problem: unlike gnome, xfce doesn't automount the camera when I connect it to with the usb cable. So when the gthumb import dialog is shown, the camera isn't visible in the source drop down list.

If I mount the camera (with nautilus or thunar) then I can see the camera in the import sources and consequently I can import the photos.

Is there a workaround for this? Is gthumb capable to detect if the camera needs mounting?

don Paolo Benvenuto