[gthumb-list] Exif problems with new version

Hi all,

I have recently installed the latest Antergos Linux and was very pleased to find gthumb 3.4.2-1already in the Arch repository. Sure enough "move" files really does move them! But a new problem has arisen. I am unable to view much exif info on my photos. I cannot go to the screen that includes place, description, etc. When i try to toggle on the edit exif info switch (or any other off switch) the entire program locks up. Is this a known issue with the new release? Is it exclusive to Arch- based os?  Any suggestions much appreciated!

peace,

-bill