From: Ryan Rowe

Date: Fri, Feb 12, 2016 09:18

To: bill .;

Cc: gthumb-list gnome org;

Subject:Re: [gthumb-list] cannot "move" files?

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gthumb/commit/?id=d2998dd99a0d3d2edba98d70fae97efb87008111

---- On Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:58:00 +0100 bill . <billwx live com>wrote ----

Hi all,

Happily using Gthumb 3.4.1 under xfce on the latest Manjaro distro. The problem for which i originally subscribed to this list having been quickly resolved, i may as well address another so long as i am here...

When i attempt to move files they are actually only copied so that it is necessary for me to use the back arrow and manually delete the originals. With anything more than a few jpegs i find this confusing. I know this is standard between two drives, but it happens by default within my single drive. Is this intentional or a bug, and is there a setting so that "moved" files are deleted from the original directory as they should be?

On a more general note, i keep reading that Gthumb is for Gnome. Since i have switched to xfce should i choose another application? I haven't found anything so far with the same functionality as Gthumb.

Many thanks for your time!

peace
-bill