Re: [gthumb-list] can't view some NEF files

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

The photos are all taken with a Nikon D90. I have just copied my whole photo library going back to 2010, which is organised on folders for each date they were downloaded, and the problem seems to occur across all the folders. During most of this period I was using osx and Nikon's NX View. The last couple of downloads off the camera was either manually off the SD card or with shotwell. All the photos I've shot have been in raw and there has been no compression as far as I can tell.

I'm using gnome and in files/nautilus and all of the files show file type as Nikon NEF raw, but some have a thumbnail while others don't. I thought this pattern correlated with what gthumb shows but it doesn't always.

I also had a strange thing when I looked to verify this this morning - files wouldn't open. After restart it did open although at one stage when gthumbs was open the system said that files wasn't responding. The only change I made since I had last looked was install gthumbs and move a couple of directories around. The system is also a new installation of fedora (korora) with no real changes to it.

Regards,

Nathan