Re: [gthumb-list] Minor usability issues

Il 04/08/2016 07:26, Peter Langfelder ha scritto:
Hello,

new subscriber here although have been using gthumb for a good 8 years
now. First, thanks for putting together such a great program!

I just upgraded to the newest gthumb (as port of an OS upgrade),
version 3.4.3. I noticed a few things that (for me at least) mar the
otherwise great experience. Please do let me know if you don't find my
requests reasonable.

First, while in browser, single-clicking on an image immediately opens
the image viewer. Not sure if this is a bug or intended, the manual
certainly suggests that double-clicking should open an image. Could
this be changed to double-clicking? I would prefer that single click
selects the image but does not open it (which is how most file
browsers work).

the current development version already has an option to select the click behaviour.

Second, with "keep previous zoom" selected and "reset scrollbar
positions" unchecked in Preferences, the scroll bar positions do reset
themselves frequently, usually after moving through a few (identically
sized and oriented) images, especially if moving back and forth
between images.

it's a bug

Third, would it be possible to have the image viewer move to next (or
previous if at the end) image when current image is deleted?

this should already be the case, probably a regression happened at some point.

I tried digging into the source code but am having trouble finding my
way through it, my experience with gtk is very limited.

Unfortunately the extensions system made the code more complex to read

Thanks,

Peter

Thank you for your reports,

Paolo