[gthumb-list] gthumg UI issues

Hi

I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 - gthumb 3.2.7 . I have a couple of points that I'd like to raise about gthumb - not bugs exactly, but UI issues that severely impact it's usefulness.

I'm going to call the window showing many icons + the directory listing but NO picture window 'the icon window'. The window with a row of icons down the side and a large picture window I'll call 'the picture window'

1)  From the picture window, there is no way to select multiple icons. This is a pain as the only way to select multiple icons is via the icon window, yet with a photo shoot you may not be able to see enough detail in the icon window to select the items that you want to copy / move / delete / whathaveyou. This is a serious omission.

2) From any of the icons (either in the icon window, or in the picture window) the context menu really ought to have the option of 'Rename'. This would only be valid for a single icon selection, but would be a worthwhile addition to the context menu. The picture window icons do not seem to even have a context menu.

3) When in the picture window, the focus and function for the mousewheel is to move the selected *icon*, not to either zoom, or scroll the *main* picture window. This drives me batshit.

That's enough of a rant for now :) I hope you'll consider changes to the UI that would redress some of these shortcomings.

-- Chris

--
My .sig used to read "I for one welcome our new Database overlords ...," but it had to be changed to "You have been assimilated Resistance is futile". By order of the collective ...