Re: [gthumb-list] gthumb build issue

Il 28/07/2015 21:50, lidgaca lycos com ha scritto:
Hi

I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 and I'm trying to get the latest gthumb to
run from the git repo.

Previously I've compiled gthumb 3.4.0 from tarball, and have installed
it in /usr/local so I know that my build system is good. When I run it
from /usr/local it seems to run fine, but having it installed there
means that my system version of gthumb will not run as the gsettings
conflict. Consequently I've backed out the /usr/local changes, and want
to run the new gthumb 'in place'

I cloned the repo, then ran

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local CFLAGS="-ggdb" --enable-run-in-place
--enable-debug

As you can see I specified the 'run-in-place' option. autogen.sh ran to
completion, ./configure showing the following summary

Configuration:

     Source code location : .
     Compiler             : gcc
     Prefix               : /usr/local
     CFLAGS             : -ggdb -fPIC -DPIC -Wl,--as-needed -g -O0
-DDEBUG  -Wall -Wcast-align -Wtype-limits -Wclobbered -Wempty-body
-Wignored-qualifiers -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs
-Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Wformat-security -Wall -Wcast-align
-Wtype-limits -Wclobbered -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare
-Wformat-security -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused
     Debug                : yes
     Run in place         : yes
     Build tests          : no
     Exiv2 support        : yes
     JPEG tools           : yes
     TIFF tools           : yes
     Clutter support      : yes
     GStreamer support    : no
     Use libraw           : yes
     Web services support : yes
     Use libsecret        : yes
     Burn disc support    : no
     Web albums           : yes
     Map support          : no
     SVG support          : yes
     WebP support         : yes
     LCMS2 support         : no

make ran through without obvious problems, but when I try to run gthumb
in place I see the following error

gthumb/gthumb

** (gthumb:1147): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus:
Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-GQ0S0qealU: Connection refused

(gthumb:1147): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

(gthumb:1147): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema
'org.gnome.gthumb.image-viewer' does not contain a key named
'histogram-scale'
Trace/breakpoint trap

I assume this is gsettings conflict. Can someone tell me *why* the
run-in-place options does not seem to work ? Or am I invoking gthumb
incorrectly ?

--run-in-place is mainly used to load extensions from the build folder, you still need to install the files in the data directory.

- Paolo