[gthumb-list] gthumb build issue

Hi

I'm running Linux Mint 17.1 and I'm trying to get the latest gthumb to run from the git repo.

Previously I've compiled gthumb 3.4.0 from tarball, and have installed it in /usr/local so I know that my build system is good. When I run it from /usr/local it seems to run fine, but having it installed there means that my system version of gthumb will not run as the gsettings conflict. Consequently I've backed out the /usr/local changes, and want to run the new gthumb 'in place'

I cloned the repo, then ran

./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local CFLAGS="-ggdb" --enable-run-in-place --enable-debug

As you can see I specified the 'run-in-place' option. autogen.sh ran to completion, ./configure showing the following summary

Configuration:

    Source code location : .
    Compiler             : gcc
    Prefix               : /usr/local
    CFLAGS             : -ggdb -fPIC -DPIC -Wl,--as-needed -g -O0 -DDEBUG  -Wall -Wcast-align -Wtype-limits -Wclobbered -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Wformat-security -Wall -Wcast-align -Wtype-limits -Wclobbered -Wempty-body -Wignored-qualifiers -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wpointer-arith -Wno-sign-compare -Wformat-security -g -O2 -Wall -Wno-unused
    Debug                : yes
    Run in place         : yes
    Build tests          : no
    Exiv2 support        : yes
    JPEG tools           : yes
    TIFF tools           : yes
    Clutter support      : yes
    GStreamer support    : no
    Use libraw           : yes
    Web services support : yes
    Use libsecret        : yes
    Burn disc support    : no
    Web albums           : yes
    Map support          : no
    SVG support          : yes
    WebP support         : yes
    LCMS2 support         : no

make ran through without obvious problems, but when I try to run gthumb in place I see the following error

gthumb/gthumb

** (gthumb:1147): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-GQ0S0qealU: Connection refused

(gthumb:1147): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.gnome.SessionManager was not provided by any .service files

(gthumb:1147): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: Settings schema 'org.gnome.gthumb.image-viewer' does not contain a key named 'histogram-scale'
Trace/breakpoint trap

I assume this is gsettings conflict. Can someone tell me *why* the run-in-place options does not seem to work ? Or am I invoking gthumb incorrectly ?

-- Chris