Re: [gthumb-list] Memories of gthumb

---- On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:21:56 +0100 Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak <mjc avtechpulse com>wrote ----

> * Move to folder doesn't move the photos, it copies them leaving the
> originals where they were

I've committed a one-line fix for that:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gthumb/commit/?id=d2998dd99a0d3d2edba98d70fae97efb87008111

Cool! Thanks.

> * Cannot move through the next and previous photos using the arrow
keys any more

Well, the arrow keys scroll the image if it's zoomed, which seems
logical. PgUp/PgDn work as next/previous.

I have a wide monitor, the thumbnails are on the left, the image is on the right. gthumb is built for speed! left/right was easier, could it come back?

> * Cannot see how many photos are in the current view, or which photo
> number I am on

Once an image is open, it does show something like "143/164 - 5184x3456
- 4.8 MB - 18%" in the bottom left status area.

Aha! It was in the title bar before. Now I know. Thanks.

In the browser view, the status bar shows the number of images and the
number selected.

Do you need something else?

> * Cannot select multiple photos on second view of thumbnails

True - what's the use case for that?

Imagine you are using one of the most powerful and unique features of gthumb - the ability to quickly move through a lot of photos, and tag them, so that you can do certain things with each of those differently tagged photos. But while you are doing this you notice a whole bunch of photos that you don't need. It used to be a click-shiftclick-delete and done, now it's a click-oh no why has it opened the photo-dammit-shake fist at screen.