Re: [gthumb-list] Editing JPEGs and tagging photos with gThumb

Thank you very much Paolo!

Louis

On 22/01/13 09:20, Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
Il 21/01/2013 10:54, Louis ha scritto:
Hello!

I've just started using gThumb and I had a couple of questions: When I
edit a JPEG using "adjust colours" or similar does gThumb re-compress
the JPEG adding more artefacts or is there some voodoo employed to avoid
this?

It is re-compressed

Also where does gThumb save tags to? If I were to make use of tags
and I was transferring my photo collection to a new computer would I
need to back up a database in order to keep them?

tags are saved inside the images and in xml files saved in a sub-directory called .comments. To make a backup you have to include the .comments directories as well.

- Paolo