[gthumb-list] Editing JPEGs and tagging photos with gThumb

Hello!

I've just started using gThumb and I had a couple of questions: When I edit a JPEG using "adjust colours" or similar does gThumb re-compress the JPEG adding more artefacts or is there some voodoo employed to avoid this? Also where does gThumb save tags to? If I were to make use of tags and I was transferring my photo collection to a new computer would I need to back up a database in order to keep them?

Anyway, thank you for gThumb, I'm finding it very handy! :)

All the best,
Louis