Re: [gthumb-list] Gthumb help system versus FreeBSD -- some progress made

I won't bore you all with all of the gory details.  Just suffice it to
say that I descended down into the deep bowels of glib/libgio and into a
twisty maze of little functions, all utterly undocumented, as far as
I can tell.  (WTF ever happened to traditional man pages??  It would have
been Nice if the developers of all this stuff would have at least written
down the functionality that is supposed to be provided by these various
library function in at least _some_ form.  But alas it seems that documenting
what you've done is not high on the agenda in the Gnome world view.)

I don't think that's quite true. glib is pretty well documented at:
http://developer.gnome.org/glib/stable/

and there are similar references for other bits of the stack, like:
http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/

Sometimes you do have to read the source code, though. It's mostly at:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/

- Mike