Re: [gthumb-list] Help system not working

Il 07/05/2012 12:27, Ronald F. Guilmette ha scritto:
In message<4FA77E91 1040705 libero it>,
Paolo Bacchilega<paolo bacchilega libero it>  wrote:

I'm only relating all of these tales of woe in the hopes that someone
(Paolo?) may take pity on me and point me to the place(s) in the sources
where the message "Could not display help" might be displayed in a little
pop-up window.  I am determined to try to fix this problem, and that info
would help a lot.

show_help_dialog function in gthumb/gtk-utils.c

Thank you.  That information is certainly helpful, but I have to confess
that I am still rather entirely mystified, probably because I don't know
a damn thing about GTK.

In short, I could use a bit more help.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.  Is there supposed to be some sort of a magical
subsystem somewhere called "ghelp:" which ideally has some gthumb help pages installed
into it?  If so, how does that ghelp: thing come into being and where (on disk) should
I go searching for it?

Do you have yelp installed? It is the program that shows the help pages.

- Paolo