Re: [gthumb-list] Extremely slow loading of thumbnails

Thu, 22 Mar 2012 23:33:08 +0400 от Ibragimov Rinat <ibragimovrinat mail ru>:
Yes, it's much more better! I tried to open 20,000 images directory and it took only
10 seconds. And this is gcov instrumented version. I will run tests again, on clean build,
but I think problem solved.

Thank you very much!

Ok, I've done test I wanted. Even with 20 thousands images gThumb works pretty fast.
I don't think someone have to work with more that 20 thousands, but nevertheless I tried
it with 200 thousands, just to check if it scales linearly. And I found that most of cpu time
is now spent g_list_nth and g_list_last, (47.3% and 31.6% respectively). As that functions
have O(n) complexity and called as many times as count of images in directory, they
became hot spots. I understand that no one can face in real life, but I just wanted to
inform you.

Anyway, thank you for this great software and for your time.

--
Rinat