[gthumb-list] sort order of directories in sidebar

Hi folks, is there a way to influence the sort order of directories as
they appear in the tree-like structure on the sidebar? I keep my
photos in directories whose names indicate the date, stuff like

1102_san_francisco
1104_new_york
110506_san_francisco
1109_whatever
111001_whatever2

Sometimes it's just YYMM sometimes it's YYMMDD. The above order is how
for example "ls" lists them and this order was shown in previous (2.x)
versions of gthumb. Now however, with 3.0.1, the order is

1102_san_francisco
1104_new_york
1109_whatever
110506_san_francisco
111001_whatever2

which is not what I want and couldn't find a setting for sorting. View
Sort By ... as far as I can tell only influences the sort order of
photos, not the sort order of directories. Is it possible to somehow
sort them just as "ls" would?

Cheers,
Daniel