[gthumb-list] gphoto2 works but camera not recognized by gthumb

Hi folks, I've been using gthumb for a long time and it always worked
very well with my Canon 50D, I could download the photos and also
delete them from the camera. This was the case with Fedora 12 (gthumb
2.x) but now that I've upgraded to Fedora 17 which comes with

gthumb-3.0.1
gphoto2-2.4.14
libgphoto2-2.4.14

the camera is no longer recognized. The Import From > Removable device
... dialog is completely empty. If I use gphoto2 manually it all works
though, for instance

gphoto2 --auto-detect gives me

Model                          Port
Canon EOS 50D                  usb:001,024

And also gphoto2 --get-all-files works as expected.

Do you guys have an idea how I can tell gthumb to properly call gphoto2?

Cheers,
Daniel