[gthumb-list] Some questions about rotation and comments

I'm using gthumb 2.13.1 on an xubuntu 11.10 system, I used to use
digikam but it was overkill for my needs really (and pulls in all those
KDE libraries).

First question:-

    The thumbnails are often not oriented correctly but the full sized
    images are correct.  These are (I guess) images which have been
    rotated in the past using digikam.  In fact it's odder than that, if
    I select one of the incorrectly oriented thumbnails and rotate it
    then it ends up rotating too far, i.e. it seems to suddenly 'see'
    the correct orientation it really had originally (put there by
    digikam) and then rotates it a further 90 degrees so I then have to
    rotate it back again!

    Is there any automated way I can get the thumbnails to be oriented
    correctly?

Second question:-

    I have lots of IPTC and EXIF information embedded into the image
    files by digikam.  Is there any way I can get gthumb to display
    this with the images (I can see it in the Properties window in the
    sidebar of course).

--
Chris Green