Re: [gthumb-list] Sharpen in gthumb?

On 03/08/2011 01:38 AM, Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
Il 08/03/2011 01:46, Steven Rosenberg ha scritto:
Is there a sharpen function in gthumb?

no there isn't, should be nice to have.

- Paolo

I don't know how many people are using Gthumb in a "professional" capacity, but I'm definitely in that camp.

For me, the photo-tagging capability is way more important than the many functions of a full-blown image editor like GIMP. But since I can call in GIMP through Gthumb whenever I need it (which is almost never), I'm covered.

The way Gthumb is set up, my "light" editing functions all go very well - cropping, resizing, that's pretty much it. Out of the box, Gthumb shrinks jpeg images very well

The ability to access IPTC via the Comment function is Gthumb's killer feature. digiKam can do this, but Gthumb does it better (and digiKam isn't as elegant as Gthumb).

I use Gthumb for my "personal" photos, too, but the fact that I use this application in a production environment and it does so well is a testament to its developers. Your app is what makes my Linux workflow succeed. Before Gthumb I needed IrfanView under Wine, and it's better all the way around to have a native app.