Re: [gthumb-list] Import to folder in 2.12?

On 02/13/2011 03:41 AM, Paolo Bacchilega wrote:
Open the import dialog, click on the destination button, activate the
"automatic subfolder" option and set the custom format to "%E" (click on
the help icon to see all the possible special codes for the custom format).

Now when you enter an event in the import dialog that event will be used
as a sub-folder of the destination.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I think that the documentation
needs to clarify this. I had seen the custom subfolder setting and read
the help on it, but in the help docs that I have, "%E" is listed as:

%E     Modifier: use alternative format, see below.

And below it states:

The Single Unix Specification mentions %Ec, %EC, %Ex, %EX, %Ey, %EY,
%Od, %Oe, %OH, %OI, %Om, %OM, %OS, %Ou, %OU, %OV, %Ow, %OW, %Oy, where
the effect of the O modifier is to use alternative numeric symbols (say,
roman numerals), and that of the E modifier is to use a locale-dependent
alternative representation.

Again, thanks for the clarification!

Derek