Re: [gthumb-list] Import to folder in 2.12?

Il 13/02/2011 01:45, Derek Chen-Becker ha scritto:
Hi,
     I've just upgraded from gThumb 2.10.x to 2.12 (via Git) and one
thing that I can't figure out is image import. In 2.10 I could set a
base folder and then the import would automatically create a new folder
based on the "event name" that I put in. In 2.12 gThumb seems to want to
dump all of my images into one folder and then use a catalog to organize
them out by event name. I have something on the order of 22k images and
one reason I have always loved gThumb is that it made it so simple to
import a set of pictures into their own folder. I can still do it with
2.12 but it's tedious. I have to create the folder before I import, in
the import go through the file selection dialog to find that folder, and
then import everything. I've been trying to use this for the past month
and at this point I'm giving up. I just manually mount the camera, copy
the images I want and then create the folder where I want them (all in
Nautilus). Please, please tell me I'm missing some preference somewhere
that would give me the old behavior.

Open the import dialog, click on the destination button, activate the "automatic subfolder" option and set the custom format to "%E" (click on the help icon to see all the possible special codes for the custom format).

Now when you enter an event in the import dialog that event will be used as a sub-folder of the destination.

- Paolo