Re: [gthumb-list] Current time for imports (patch)

Marcel Stimberg ha scritto:
Hi,

while gthumb-2.10 calculated a folder name once for an import, the new
gthumb calculates the destination for every file individually. This
can lead to possibly unexpected behavior if you use "current time" and
"custom" with an format like the old one (%Y-%m-%d--%H.%M.%S), because
you now get a new folder every second... The attached patch tries to
change this (hopefully in a sane way...) by setting an
import_start_time at the beginning of the import and using this as the
"current time" for the complete import.

BTW, I looked into this because of a blog post (and my ensuing
discussion with the author) that I stumbled upon on Planet Ubuntu:
http://q-funk.blogspot.com/2010/03/gthumb-thank-you-for-breaking-my.html

hey, thanks for defending gthumb :)

and thanks for the patch, which is now in master

Something unrelated: Current gthumb does not seem to be able to
extract any metadata from my image (like shutter speed, original
date,... ) - is this a known regression (at least I think 2.10 did
show all the metadata)?

the differences with version 2.10 are that for jpeg images version 2.11 uses exiv2 instead of libexif , and for raw images 2.10 uses dcraw, while version 2.11 can be configured to use libopenraw or dcraw. Then if your images are in jpeg format it is a exiv2 bug, if the images are in raw format it's likely that you are using libopenraw instead of dcraw otherwise there is a bug somewhere in gthumb :)

Thanks, best
 Marcel

- Paolo