Re: [gthumb-list] web albums and roadmap

Dear Paolo and all,

I'm too new to gthumb development and I don't know what is the
official schedule and feature plan, but I'd like to have the following
features:

1) (the main one) in-place editing of photos using the filters of Gimp.
2) an export function optimized for HDTVs.
3) sharpen, and other simple matrix-based filters (if point 1 is not
possible or too difficult).

I'd like to develop some of them, mainly points 2 and 3, but I can't
really commit or confirm any date, since I'm not familiar with the
code and the general gnome coding style yet, if I'll ever be, and I
don't feel like being able of investing much time on it.

Currently I'm working on some minor changes in the "change date" extension.

PS.
Can you talk to Ubuntu's team to include the next upcoming release?
The decided to put 2.11 but they reverted to some 2.10.x at the last
moment. I think there's still an option to upgrade to 2.11.x or 2.12
inside the usual 10.04 LTS updates.

Regards,
Stefano

On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM, Paolo Bacchilega