Re: [gthumb-list] gthumb feedback

Il 07/06/2010 10:51, Jef Driesen ha scritto:
On 24/02/10 12:55, Jef Driesen wrote:
I really like the new gthumb. And I have a couple of suggestions to
improve it even further.

I still had not time to work on the previous suggestions...

I'm experiencing a couple of problems with the latest gthumb (compiled
from git master):

1. There appears to be a huge memory leak somewhere in the slideshow
code. Every time I start a slideshow, memory usage increases and only
drops again when the application exits. The memory also increases with
the number of images viewed. A slideshow with many images nearly takes
my system down by using all available memory.

2. There appears to be some some incompatibility with the older gthumb
2.10.11 (as shipped by ubuntu 10.4). When trying to browse a folder that
I have previously visited with a more recent gthumb version, the old
version freezes with the cpu at 100%. I suspect this is due to the
different comment file format.

version 2.10.12 should fix this

3. When leaving fullscreen mode, I can see lots of window resizing and
flicker. No idea what causes this.

There are also a couple of things I'm still missing from the older gthumb:

* The web album exporter.

I'm working on this one in these days

* The ability to assign hotkeys to the tools. For example I have a
script that moves images to a subdirectory, which I use while I'm
viewing a series of image to select a subset of images for later
processing. Having to click though the menus makes this a lot less
useful for me.

* The copy/move dialog.

for bugs and enhancement requests it's better to file reports on bugzilla.gnome.org

- Paolo