Re: [gthumb-list] Import photos from PTP device (gphoto2)

On 22/07/10 18:34, Nicolas wrote:
And with gthumb (before the paolo patch about "add the drive name to the
mount to follow the Nautilus scheme"), you could browse your camera ?

I have been using git master builds for the last couple of months and never experienced any problems with importing. gthumb can import/browse photos without any problems, and with nautilus too.

As far as, I'm concerned, I plug the camera ;
a popup asks me "import with gthumb ? yes / no"
but the device isn't auto mounted !

This could be part of the problem. If I recall correctly, older gthumb version where using gphoto directly, and not through the gfvs backend. When you plugin the camera, the gvfs backend would mount the camera automatically. But then gthumb couldn't access the camera through gphoto anymore because the device was already claimed by gvfs. To make the gthumb importer work again, when you choose "import with gthumb" in the popup, the gvfs mount was first unmounted before gthumb was started.

Maybe you still have a system with the unmount first behavior? Not sure when that was replaced, but I still always click no in the popup window and start gthumb manually.