Re: [gthumb-list] Import photos from PTP device (gphoto2)

Il 21/07/2010 19:57, Nicolas ha scritto:
Hi,

Since the gvfs release, I can import photo from my camera using PTP.
(whereas it works well with previous gthumb release).

$ gthumb --version
gthumb 2.11.4, Copyright (C) 2001-2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

So gthumb uses gvfs (and gvfs-backends) to read storage devices.

$ gphoto2 --auto-detect
Modèle                        Port
Canon PowerShot G5 (normal mode) usb:
Canon PowerShot G5 (normal mode) usb:002,008

My camera is well detected.

$ gvfs-mout -l
Drive(0): Disque dur 500 GB
   Type: GProxyDrive (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
   Volume(0): Système de fichiers 70 GB
     Type: GProxyVolume (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
Drive(1): Lecteur CD/DVD/Blu-Ray
   Type: GProxyDrive (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)

But not mounted (beside of, not display in nautilus)

gthumb doesn't see my camera.

Now, if I mount manually my camera :

$ gvfs-mount "gphoto2://[usb:002,008]/"
$ gvfs-mount -l
Drive(0): Disque dur 500 GB
   Type: GProxyDrive (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
   Volume(0): Système de fichiers 70 GB
     Type: GProxyVolume (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
Drive(1): Lecteur CD/DVD/Blu-Ray
   Type: GProxyDrive (GProxyVolumeMonitorGdu)
Mount(0): Canon Digital Camera ->  gphoto2://[usb:002,008]/
   Type: GDaemonMount

So, my camera is well mounted !

But gthumb doesn't still see my camera !

If I read the code :

   static void
   update_source_list (DialogData *data)
   {
       [...]

       mounts = g_volume_monitor_get_mounts (g_volume_monitor_get ());

// Why get only the mounted volume ? If the device isn't mounted,
// gthumb can't import data ! gthumb should mount automatically
// the volume.

       for (scan = mounts; scan; scan = scan->next) {
[...]
           volume = g_mount_get_volume (mount);
           if (volume != NULL) {
               if (g_volume_can_mount (volume)) {

// Why only devices with volumes ?
// A PTP device hasn't volume :(

I have prepared a patch to be able to import media from a devices with
no volume (as PTP devices).
But I don't know how can I list the devices not mounted ?

Maybe I'm on the wrong way ?

Regards,

Nicolas VIVIEN

I've removed the volume check in the current master branch now, can you test if it works?

- Paolo