Re: [gthumb-list] [gthumb] [photo_importer] show the destination in the main dialog as well

Il 05/08/2010 13:58, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak ha scritto:
commit 5e0941472c3551331e452a91f82d04d0202fa4dd
Author: Paolo Bacchilega<paobac src gnome org>
Date: Wed Aug 4 20:54:42 2010 +0200

[photo_importer] show the destination in the main dialog as well

Hurray!

Will you be deleting the "Preferences" button, Paolo? It duplicates the
destination function, now.

I'm still not sure whether to remove it or not because the dialog contains other preferences besides the destination folder

Also, I wonder if we should keep the "Rotate images physically" option,
since most Linux software now supports the orientation tag

Firefox, for example, does not support the orientation tag.

- I would
vote to remove it, and leave the orientation tag alone, always. This
function has always been a bit problematic (buggy, adds potential for
data corruption, etc).

Well, if it's buggy it should be fixed because the code is used in other places as well, for example when creating a web album.

In fact we could even add a tool to apply the embedded orientation to the selected images.

- Paolo