Re: [gthumb-list] Need to download gthumb

Joe Sylvester wrote:
Hi:
I need to install a version of gthumb that works on Ubuntu Lucic 10.04. The version installed on my system will not lauch. I have been unable to find any downloads, and I have not been able to successfully build gthumb from scratch. Thanks,
Joe Sylvester
jgsylvesterjr alumni nd edu

Joe,

you can try the latest version using git.

You probably need to do:

sudo apt-get install git libtiff4-dev libclutter-gtk-0.10-dev libgstreamer0.10-dev libgstreamer-plugins-base0.10-dev libsoup-gnome2.4-dev libgnome-keyring-dev libbrasero-media-dev libdbus-glib-1-dev

followed by the instructions at http://live.gnome.org/gthumb/development:

git clone git://git.gnome.org/gthumb
cd gthumb
./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr CFLAGS="-ggdb"
make
sudo make install

Be aware that compiling your own software is doable, but not always easy.

- Mike