Re: [gthumb-list] gthumb 2.11.2.1 crashes while saving a resized image

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak píše v Ne 11. 04. 2010 v 23:23 +0200:
On 04/11/2010 03:45 PM, Pavel Kukačka wrote:
    I've got a strange issue with gthumb: it crashes when a user tries to
save a resized (modified) image - does anyone know where the problem
might lie?

A backtrace would help a lot. Do this:

gdb gthumb
run
<trigger the crash>
bt thread apply all

Thank you very much for the advice; I've triggered the crash and saw
this (adding some probably irrelevant lines in the beginning - sorry for
that):

[New Thread 0xb637db70 (LWP 1295)]
[New Thread 0xb52cdb70 (LWP 1296)]
[Thread 0xb52cdb70 (LWP 1296) exited]
[Thread 0xb637db70 (LWP 1295) exited]
[New Thread 0xb637db70 (LWP 1297)]
[New Thread 0xb52cdb70 (LWP 1298)]
gthumb: tiffcomposite.cpp:1141: virtual uint32_t
Exiv2::Internal::TiffDirectory::doWrite(Exiv2::Internal::IoWrapper&,
Exiv2::ByteOrder, int32_t, uint32_t, uint32_t, uint32_t&): Assertion
`sv
== d' failed.

0x0012d422 in __kernel_vsyscall ()

(gdb) bt thread apply all
No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.

As you can see, the bt command wasn't too successfull - since I'm still
not too familiar with gdb, I did try only running just 'bt' and it gave
a long (3 pages) listing. Is that what you needed?

Does it happen with the version in git master?

I haven't tested the version in git master since it required me to
install also gnome-common from the GNOME git - and I was scared that it
would mess up the system, because I'm installing only via package mgmt
system... Or is it an irrelevant fear..?
Moreover - the version is the same - 2.11.2.1.

Pavel

- Mike