Re: [gthumb-list] importer catalogs

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak ha scritto:
Paolo,

The importer now goes to a catalog after importing, instead of the selected destination folder.

Is that intentional?

I don't like that behaviour, I prefer to view the destination folder, personally. (Perhaps "Go to destination folder" button could be added somewhere after displaying the catalog view. A bit hackish, though.)

The problem is that the imported images could be saved to different folders if the file date is different, in this case you don't have a single destination folder to go into.

On the other hand the catalog allows you to view all the imported images at once, furthermore a catalog is created for each creation date of the imported files, so you get an automatic organization by the date the photos were taken and the date the photos were imported.

The general idea is that the user shouldn't care about the location of the files on the filesystem, he just needs to organize the files using the catalogs.

- Paolo