Re: [gthumb-list] Mailing list settings

2009/12/17 Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak <mjc avtechpulse com>
On 12/17/2009 03:13 AM, Matthias Hawran wrote:
Is it possible to change to settings of the ML so when one replies to a
message
the "to" field is set to the ML address instead of the sender's one?
It's the "reply-to" field.

Matthias,

Most gnome mail lists are set up so the reply-to field has the author's real email address, rather than the list address. This makes private replies easy. (It is "strongly recommended" in the mailman configuration UI.)

Thunderbird has a nice reply-to-list icon - I'm not sure if it is shown by default.

Anyway, I think I'll leave it the way it is, unless Paolo has strong feelings about it.

- Mike

OK no problem, I understand now.

Anyway I'm registered to theĀ ubuntu_wiki-fr list which has the reply-to set to the list address.
That's why I was used to that.

Matthias