[gthumb-list] gthumb oesn't import photos

Hello!

Gthumb (2.6 to 2.10.11) doesn't import photos from camera card under Debian Squeeze.

I filed a bug report using reportbug im may 2009.

It worked under Debian Lenny. After upgrading to Sqeeze (or testing) it stopped working. And it doesn't work on a freshly installed Debian Squeeze.

Gthumb is showing a list of all files on the camera card saying something like Could not open /media/NO NAME/... (in swedish "Kunde inte öppna...").

It is possible to start an xterm ans do a "cp /media/NO NAME/*.*"

I did a bash script to replace the file importer in System > Settings > Removable media

#/bin/bash
mkdirstr=$(date '+%Y%m%d--%H%M%S')
mkdir $mkdirstr
cd $mkdirstr

cp /media/NO\ NAME/DCIM/100OLYMP/* .

but gthumb keep popping up telling that it can't open any files onthe camera card while the bash script is copying in the background.

I tried F-spot which happily imports the photos, but it saves the images very odd.

Regards
Bo