Re: [alex stt org: gtetrinet and "qualified client"]

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 02:01:47PM -0400, Alex Lock wrote:
> This actually helped a great deal (thank you)!
>
> I've written a Cocoa equivalent using an array of NSMutableStrings to
> store the values and then combining the non-null ones (the ones that
> changed) at the end.  Actually simplified the algorithm quite a bit as
> I was able to do away w/ the row_count entirely.

Good. I commented about your new Cocoa client on IRC and a few people
were excited about the news. We've had requests to separate the client
code from the gui code in the past, in order to make a Cocoa port
possible, but that's quite hard right now, so we never even tried to do
it. Someday a libtetrinet package will be born, I guess.

> I'm having another problem now, however.  It would seem that connecting
> to tetrinet.org repeatedly w/ an "unqualified" client is a good way to
> get yourself banned:)  Does anyone know who the admin for that server
> is (or is said person a member of the list?)?  It would be really great
> if I could get exemption from the rule until I work these bugs out.

Ow. That's a problem... yeah. I'd guess the ban is temporary, or their
list of bans might be so huge they'd need terabytes of ram :)

I'm afraid I don't know who admins the server though, so I can't help
you there. Have you looked at the webpage for a contact address?

Jordi
jordi sindominio net     jordi debian org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/