Re: [alex stt org: gtetrinet and "qualified client"]

On Saturday, October 4, 2003, at 03:56 PM, Dani Carbonell wrote:

El sáb, 04-10-2003 a las 00:01, Jordi Mallach escribió:
Hi guys,

Alex is working on a Cocoa tetrinet client (woot!) but is having
problems with the client check at tetrinet.org. Can anyone help?

I have not many idea about the tetrinet protocol, but I'm almost sure
that the various "tests" you see when you connect to a tetrinet server
are meant to catch the "cheater" clients. Maybe the playerlost message
is buggy, or maybe it's just a matter of timing, I just don't know :(
Try to reach the tetrinet.org admins and ask them about your problem.
You can also try to verify your client in tetridome.com, maybe that can
help you. Rock on !!

I've narrowed it down (I think) to my sendfield method...

When sending the entire field, the format is absolutely correct... sending the differential field is a different story altogether. The problem stems from my (seeming) lack of understanding of the differential sendfield, and what (exactly) it is sending to the server.

My client code (and custom socket wrapper) rely on the Cocoa NSString and NSData classes to store/transmit data to the server and later into my client's object network... I just need to decipher the exact format (character by character) of the differential sendfield and I think I'll have it made.

Alex <alex stt org>