Re: What about GrlMedia resolving?

On Tue, 2014-11-18 at 00:00 +0100, Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:
On Wed, 2014-11-05 at 14:09 +0100, Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:
On Tue, 2014-11-04 at 23:58 +0100, Guilhem Bonnefille wrote:
Hi,

I revive my project to create a plugin for weboob. In order to refresh
my code, I merged my topic branch into grilo-plugins-0.2.13 (my topic
branch was started on grilo-plugins-0.2.12).

After fixing some issues, I'm faced to something too complex for me:
Totem no more play the selected media. Instead, I have the following
error message:

Totem-WARNING **: Cannot find URL for 044916-000_PLUS7-F arte (source:
grl-weboob-arte), please file a bug at https://bugzilla.gnome.org/

After some debug, I realized that totem do not fire a grl-resolve on
my GrlMedia. And the GrlMedia created by the grl-browse function of my
plugin do not have the url. This information is computed in the
grl-resolve function of my plugin (need a second call to weboob).

Can you give me an help? What should I do to fix this issue?

Totem just passes the URL to totem-pl-parser, which then uses quvi to
resolve the URL. Totem doesn't call resolve() in grilo plugins when a
URL is missing.

I can certainly find the information in the grilo's documentation, but
how can I force totem to call the resolve function before trying to
retrieve the URL information?

By writing code in totem to do that. Though I'd rather somebody wrote
code to do that in quvi. Totem tries hard to avoid adding one-time urls
in the playlist, so it does a quvi resolution after the fact.

After some new experiences and a better understanding of Grilo, I'm
able to understand this comment.

In fact, weboob (currently) does not provide the URL to the web page
hosting the media (external-url in grilo?): it just provides the
direct URL to the media.

If it is an acceptable evolution to Totem, I can try to add an
optional URL resolution when it is not provided in the first
round-trip (browse, search).
What do you think about that?
Would you be OK to apply such patch into Totem?

It's probably a good idea, but might be a bit involved. In fact, I would
think that using GrlMedia inside the playlist would be the best option
before adding support for resolve in Totem.

That could also make it possible to restore playlists with items such as
weboob videos.