Re: What about GrlMedia resolving?

OK. So I'm not sure to understand the meaning of the grilo "resolve" function.

The Weboob's understanding of a media needs a two pass:
- first pass: the media is initialized from a list (for exemple after a search)
- second pass: the page dedicated to the media is analyzed to find the
direct video URL
I think this is quite common for all tools like weboob as it is mostly
directd by the design of the web sites hosting media.

So, in the grilo "browse" function, my plugin build GrlMedia without
URL, just enough information to be able to prepare the second pass.
When grilo invoke the "resolve" function, my plugin is then able to
fill the URL with the direct URL to the media.

Should I revise this logic?
Should I fill the GrlMedia.URL with the URL of the web page of a media
in the first pass, expecting that totem will be satisfied with this as
it will call totem-pl-parser/quvi on it to retrieve the direct URL to
the media?
As Weboob is able to retrieve direct URL to media, I feel
unconfortable to expect the resolution is made by an other tool
(quvi).

Finally, weboob is able to run the both passes in a single call. By
this way, the plugin is able to fetch the expected data in Grilo with
the URL of the media.
Not exactly what totem expect (as it is probably what you called a
one-time url). But while weboob work like this, I have no other idea.

So, I will clean my code and try to propose my changes for
integrations in grilo-plugins.

What's the role of grilo resolve function? When it is planned to be called?

If someone can point me a good documentation on the role of the grilo
resolve function... it will help me to decide if I have to provide
such function in my plugin, or if I don't.

As a starting point, I'm really interested to know when this function
is supposed to be called.

--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: guyou im apinc org MSN: guilhem_bonnefille hotmail com