Re: g_idle_add patch proposal

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 20:43 +0200, Roland Peffer wrote:
Hi
I noticed that when I tried to resolve an url of an url media object from vimeo or youtube my program often
got frozen for a few seconds.
After stepping through the code I realized that the idle functions called by g_add_idle and
g_add_idle_full in grl-source.c and other parts ended up in blocking functions like curl_perform_easy.
At least the  clutter_stage repainting sources also running on the same GMainContext got blocked that way.

I found a workaround for that that should not change the normal behavior:

It's not the g_idle_* functions that block the UI, but what's done in
their callbacks. You should move that to threads, and report the result
asynchronously.

Cheers