Re: g_idle_add patch proposal

On Tue, 2013-05-21 at 20:43 +0200, Roland Peffer wrote:

I found a workaround for that that should not change the normal
behavior:
I added our own grl_idle_add /grl_idle_add_full functions in
grl-util.h/.c that behave exactly the same like the glib
implementations,
except if a GMainContext was created in a separate thread and
activated by g_main_context_push_thread_default(thread_context);,
then calling grl_resolve or other grill operations from that thread
will not block the Default Main Context anymore.

Thanks for the proposal!

Still, I'm not sure about pushing it in Grilo.

The point is that maybe it works fine for your application, but I'm not
sure about the consequences in other cases.

And moreover, if this patch increases the performance of
g_idle_add(_full), maybe you should sent the patch to be included in
GLib, and thus getting a review from glib developers.

In any case, I appreciate the patch.

BR

        J.A.