Re: Browsing in UPnP plugin

On Fr, 2013-08-16 at 09:32 +0200, Juan A. Suarez Romero wrote:
On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 17:43 +0200, Jens Georg wrote:
Hi,

on servers that support "Search" the UPnP plugin uses it to do the
browsing instead of doing "Browse". This is completely legitimate,
however I spotted an "issue":

The search uses "@parentID = someId" and then the search is executed on
that container "someId" so this is a bit redundant - is this
intentional?

I think so.

When you perform a search in a container, are all the subcontainers also
searched? Because we want to restrict the search only to one specific
container, and not for the children. That's why we added the @parentID
filter.

Ah yes, you're right of course.

BTW, the plug-in does not check whether the container is actually
searchable and has matching <searchClass> entries; DLNA for example only
requires the top-level container to be searchable if "Search" is
supported.

I think it is done in function gupnp_search_caps_cb. Though maybe it is
incorrect.

No, that's just checking which attributes you can search for. In theory
you have to check each container you want to search in whether it has
"item searchable=1" and check the item's <upnp:serarchClass> nodes.

You can somewhat shortcut this on "real" DLNA servers and always search
on "0" because if the server supports search "0" has to be searchable,
the result should be the same.

Though if you switch to dLeyna, I think it should take care of this