Re: Problems with Grilo on UBUNTU 11.04

hello again,

If I call grl-inspect I see all compiled plugins except UPNP:
rpeffer@rpeffer-Lenovo-G550:~$ grl-inspect -d 5

(grl-inspect:2851): Grilo-WARNING **: [vimeo] grl-vimeo.c:103: Missing configuration

(grl-inspect:2851): Grilo-WARNING **: [plugin-registry] grl-plugin-registry.c:551: Failed to initialize plugin: '/usr/local/lib/grilo-0.1/libgrlvimeo.so'

(grl-inspect:2851): Grilo-WARNING **: [flickr] grl-flickr.c:129: Missing configuration

(grl-inspect:2851): Grilo-WARNING **: [plugin-registry] grl-plugin-registry.c:551: Failed to initialize plugin: '/usr/local/lib/grilo-0.1/libgrlflickr.so'

(grl-inspect:2851): Grilo-WARNING **: [youtube] grl-youtube.c:264: Configuration not provided! Cannot configure plugin.

(grl-inspect:2851): Grilo-WARNING **: [plugin-registry] grl-plugin-registry.c:551: Failed to initialize plugin: '/usr/local/lib/grilo-0.1/libgrlyoutube.so'
grl-bookmarks:  grl-bookmarks
grl-gravatar:  grl-gravatar
grl-jamendo:  grl-jamendo
grl-podcasts:  grl-podcasts
grl-local-metadata:  grl-local-metadata
grl-metadata-store:  grl-metadata-store
grl-filesystem:  grl-filesystem
grl-lastfm-albumart:  grl-lastfm-albumart
grl-apple-trailers:  grl-apple-trailers

But the library has been successfully compiled and installed:
rpeffer@rpeffer-Lenovo-G550:~$ ls /usr/local/lib/grilo-0.1/
libgrlappletrailers.a   libgrlflickr.la           libgrllastfm-albumart.so  libgrlupnp.a
libgrlappletrailers.la  libgrlflickr.so           libgrllocalmetadata.a     libgrlupnp.la
libgrlappletrailers.so  libgrlgravatar.a          libgrllocalmetadata.la    libgrlupnp.so
libgrlbookmarks.a       libgrlgravatar.la         libgrllocalmetadata.so    libgrlvimeo.a
libgrlbookmarks.la      libgrlgravatar.so         libgrlmetadatastore.a     libgrlvimeo.la
libgrlbookmarks.so      libgrljamendo.a           libgrlmetadatastore.la    libgrlvimeo.so
libgrlfilesystem.a      libgrljamendo.la          libgrlmetadatastore.so    libgrlyoutube.a
libgrlfilesystem.la     libgrljamendo.so          libgrlpodcasts.a          libgrlyoutube.la
libgrlfilesystem.so     libgrllastfm-albumart.a   libgrlpodcasts.la         libgrlyoutube.so
libgrlflickr.a          libgrllastfm-albumart.la  libgrlpodcasts.so

Also I manually upgraded the  gdata lib to the latest version and now youtube works again!

Just DLNA is still blocked.
I guess the dependencies in the configure file have to be adjusted?!

Kind regards,
Roland

On 09.05.2011, at 10:59, Víctor M. Jáquez L. wrote:

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 10:37:01AM +0200, Roland Peffer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.04 and run into problems with some grilo plugins.
>
> 1.) UPNP doesn't respond at all. Library is compiled but not found in
> registry. Also grl-inspect does not show it.

Some how it is not compiled or installed. Could you provide the compilation log?

> 2.) YouTube plugin causes a crash. As far as I see g_strspilt is called from
> gdata with a NULL pointer.

libgdata-0.8 has a bug parsing the countries, but it is already fixed on
upstream. You can also cook a simple patch for it, but it would be hard to
put it in downstream.

vmjl