Re: RFC: Operation Options API proposal

On Thu, 2011-03-24 at 15:22 +0100, Guillaume Emont wrote:
> > In any case, I feel that making pagination a optional option is
> > something that needs a deep review.
> Without that, my rationale is that if pagination is optional, we need
> it
> in caps, if we want to make it mandatory, we can either:
>  - have it outside of caps, and count on plugins to actually implement
> it

I would start with this option, because it is what we are doing right
now (making pagination a duty for sources), and what it is already
implemented right now in our plugin set.

Later, we can think about relaxing it, and think how can we make it
optional, providing a default implementation in core.

In any case, I guess that we are just talking about caps, right?
Pagination will be anyway in options.

>  - have it in caps, and refuse to load a plugin that doesn't support
> it
> (with a nice G_WARNING).

	J.A.