Re: RFC: Operation Options API proposal

On Wed, 2011-03-23 at 14:50 +0100, Guillaume Emont wrote:
>   /* whether source supports pagination (skip & count)
>   void grl_caps_set_pagination (GrlCaps *caps, gboolean pagination);
>   gboolean grl_caps_get_pagination (GrlCaps *caps);
>   /* flags the source can honour. Only GRL_RESOLVE_FAST_ONLY makes
> sense, since
>    * the other flags are entirely handled by core */
>   void grl_caps_set_flags (GrlCaps *caps, GrlMetadataResolutionFlags
> flags);
>   GrlMetadataResolutionFlags grl_caps_get_falgs (GrlCaps *caps);

IMO pagination is a must, so sources shouldn't tell if they support it
or not: they must.

Regarding the flags, I think more or less the same: it is the core who
handles the flags, so it will support them.

Regarding the GRL_RESOLVE_FAST_ONLY, it is something that sources must
honour.

So I would make this caps not optional, but compulsory.

	J.A.