Re: Operation options (filtering, sorting and more)

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 15:08 +0100, Guillaume Emont wrote:
> > once, but I guess it is not a big problem at this point in the
> project.
> > At any rate, I think we should address the rest of the options
> > immediately after dealing with the filters and sorting features.
>
> We can do the second part of the change "delicately", by
> re-implementing
> existing capability-related APIs (such as _supported_keys()) using the
> new GrlCaps API. That way, we can do it without breaking API nor ABI,
> just marking a few APIs as deprecated.
>
> Agreed to try to do the rest as soon as filtering and sorting are
> done.

We can also do the work in a public branch, all time rebased against
upstream, so people that wants to check it can build their application
with this branch. Actually, it would be good to do it, as we would get
more feedback.

And finally merge the branch in upstream when everything is done.

	J.A.