Re: Operation options (filtering, sorting and more)

On 18/03/2011 14:58, Iago Toral wrote:
>(...)
>> I like the idea, though it makes the whole "operation options" task much
>> bigger.
>> How about we start with capabilities supporting only the filtering and
>> sorting capabilities? That way, we can get out these features quickly,
>> and afterwards extend the capabilities to all that is logically a
>> capability in a source.
>
> The con is that we will have to change the API twice instead of just
> once, but I guess it is not a big problem at this point in the project.
> At any rate, I think we should address the rest of the options
> immediately after dealing with the filters and sorting features.

We can do the second part of the change "delicately", by re-implementing
existing capability-related APIs (such as _supported_keys()) using the
new GrlCaps API. That way, we can do it without breaking API nor ABI,
just marking a few APIs as deprecated.

Agreed to try to do the rest as soon as filtering and sorting are done.

Guij