Re: Performance optimization in notification framework

On Thu, 17 Mar 2011 13:25:02 +0100, "Juan A." Suárez Romero <jasuarez igalia com> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 12:55 +0100, Juan A. Suárez Romero wrote:
> Would it be possible to complete the current API to support a kind
of
> "bulk" mode to the notification framework which would fire several
> GrlMedia with one GSignal ?

The idea in this case were that source should only send one final
signal
telling the "content has changed", not a signal per element.

Of course, another option could be changing the callback signature to
send a list of changed medias instead of just one media.

Actually, I think this would only add flexibility to the current solution we have, as far as we only signal the changes one I am ok with the solution, and having the chance to signal detailed information of the changes (a list of actual medias/containers that changed) can only be good imho, so I think we should do this.

Iago