Re: [Multi-valued V2 (grilo) 11/12] core: Merge GrlDataMulti into GrlData

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011 14:09:59 +0100, "Juan A." Suárez Romero <jasuarez igalia com> wrote:
On Tue, 2011-03-01 at 11:18 +0000, Iago Toral wrote:
> +/**
> + * grl_data_remove_property:
> + * @data: a data
> + * @key: a metadata key
> + * @index: index of key to be removed, starting at 0
> + *
> + * Removes key and related keys from position in mdata.

 I think this does not remove any key ro related keys, but their
values
for index, right? Please in that case change the description and use
'@'
 to refer to parameters.

It removes the GrlProperty at @index position for @key in @data.

It means that if you previously had:

prop = grl_data_get_property (data, <key>, <index>)

After doing:

grl_data_remove_property (data, <key>, <index>)

Also, now that I think about it.
Do we have API to remove independent values? Something like grl_data_remove_nth (data, key, index) that does not take into account relations? If we do not have that (and I think we shouldn't have it because it would break the semantics of the relations) I think grl_data_remove_property could be just renamed to grl_data_remove_nth.

What I mean is that when we remove the value for one key we should always automatically remove all the data related to it, so I guess there is no reason here to have both remove_nth and remove_property.

Iago